Traveling is the sole exercise which provides joy, happiness and peace of mind to those who keep on visiting different places in a country and many times crossing the boundaries of their own country. It gives us pleasure as well as information regarding history, geography and cultural aspects of the place. Traveling keeps on increasing an individual’s knowledge, experience and wisdom. In this blog we will reveal more about tips for solo women travelers.
- Avoid harassment by being self reliant so that you need not expect help from others. This can be done by carrying your own stuff like guidebook and maps so that you can find your own way in a new city.
- Theft is common at places like Caribbean’s where lone travelers are attacked and looted by local thieves, so it is advisable not to carry cash and valuables. Also visiting some of the isolated islands during late night hours should be avoided.
- While strolling at an unknown location pretend as if you had been to this place earlier and never act like a stranger. Withdraw cash from cash machines in day time and on busy streets, so that there are less chances of being robbed.
- Tips for budget travelers traveling alone include selecting off season visits, booking a package deal and taking advantage of seasonal offers of airliners.
- While traveling do not board empty train compartments and be alert to get down at your required destination.
- In order to minimize attention of men in an unknown area dress your selves in a most modest way. If you are wearing local attire then it is more preferred. Your overall appearance should not prompt men.
- Act as if you are married and traveling with your husband so that unknown men will not try to be more close to you.