1. Patong Beach, Phuket: Everyone loves this place, it has everything that the best beach can offer. Gorgeous scenery and places to explore, a city (Phuket town), a tourist city (Patong), tourist beaches, out of the way beaches, island getaways (Phi Phi), western food and great Thai food… It’s still cheap, though probably the most expensive place in all of Thailand to live. There are plenty of things to see and do and lots of infrastructure in place to handle a lot of tourists at one time - like during the high-seasons.
2. Suan Mokkh: Buddhist forest temple in Chaiya, very pretty and if you have any interest in Buddhism you’ll love it.
3. Ko Samui: Ko Samui is a really cool place during the slow season. During the high-season a bit nuts. I don’t go much during the high-season, just too much traffic and craziness. During low season the island has a nice feel to it. Slower and yet everything is still on offer. Incredible scenery and sunsets…
4. Ko Phangnan: Full moon party. Need I say more?
5. Ko Tao: Best Island to go to relax and just not do ANYTHING. Sit at your bungalow and read Hunter Thomson books and drink beer Singha.
6. Ko Chang: Pronounced “chaong” - Really beautiful to see, not exactly beautiful beaches to swim in -rocky and shelly.
7. Krabi: Railay Beach: For the adventure climbing and photo opps. Also - don’t miss “Wat Tam Seu-uh” (Tiger Temple Cave) close to Krabi Town.
8. Phangna: Located just north of Phuket this place is very cool. It has an incredibly beautiful ferry tour that winds among the islands. There is also an incredible wat with caves and water running through it which you can KAYAK through! A very cool place. Don’t miss the supercool park, surrounded by steep cliffs. A very good time.
9. Ubon Ratchathani or Si Saket for SongKran: The entire city is ROCKING. Everyone in good moods. Foreigners are a rarity so they get treated special.
10. Pha-Taem: Ubon Ratchathani province, Isaan, near Laos.
To Book Discounted tours to Thailand, please visit our site.